Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shout Out to Momma Smith

Chad, the official rice crispy measurer.
For those of you who don't know, my mom Jennie Smith, makes the greatest rice crispy treats of all time. Hands down. No argument. She makes them for all occasions and I cannot ever get enough of the warm delicious treat! Well, I was feeling a little homesick the other day (shhh, dont tell anyone), so I decided to cure my blues by bringing a little bit of Jennie Kris to Btown. So I climbed in my car and made a trip to the store. I bought 1 bag of marshmallows, rice crispy cereal, and butter. I poured the mallows into a bowl with some butter and stuck them in the microwave. Set the timer for 2 minutes and 30 seconds and wait...the longest 2 and half minutes ever. The timer finally beeped and my friend Chad helped me measure the crispies! At home mom uses her hands and counts out the 6 cups...my hands are too small so that's where Chad came in! His help was greatly appreciated! Once the crispies were in we mixed them up and chowed down...we didn't even waste time putting them in a pan. I grabbed a handful of spoons and watched the bowl disappear in a matter of minutes. I think it is safe to say my mom's rice crispy treats were a hit! I am sure they were not nearly as good as Jennie makes them, but they sure did make me feel better! Momma, thanks for all those batches you've made for me! I appreciate you more than you will ever know!! Love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment