Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gettin Fit!

Here at LinkYear, students are required to take part in 30 minutes of physical activity at least 4 times a week! So what do we do for physical activity? Some of us wake up at 6:15 and do a group circuit workout, some of us play a game of pick up soccer, and others take a leisurely walk around campus. Unfortunately my sweet father passed on the gene of being a morning person, so I take part in the 6:15 circuit workout. I haven't decided if that is a good or bad thing. But when you get to spend that time laughing and exercising with some of your best friends, there isn't much room to complain! However, there are some mornings where the alarm is Jamie and I's worst enemy... so we immediately roll over, moan and grumble, hit the snooze, and refuse to get out of bed. On those days we make up the time with a little exercise sesh in the rec. These workouts are just as much fun! We assume our positions, me on the stationary bike, and James on the elliptical, and get to work! We flip on the tv and watch the news,some football, or maybe catch an episode of NCIS. After 20 minutes on the machines, we finish off our rigorous workout with a 10 minute abdomination. Abdomination is officially my least favorite thing in the entire world. It is the world's worst most painful 10 minutes of my life. But hey, at least I will look good when I'm done right? Well that's what I tell myself anyways...I can at least wish for a 6 pack. So whether it's an early bird workout with some pals or a late night basketball game, being active is always a blast here at Kanakuk LinkYear.
James in I workin it. 

Some casual football watching. 

Claire Bear and I ready for our walk in the FREEZING rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment