Thursday, November 1, 2012

Get In The Word

How much time do you spend in God's word each day? For me the answer is not enough. I bet the answer  is the same for many of you as well. This is nothing to be ashamed of!! Romans 3:23 says "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Christianity is not a point, its a process! You don't just work really hard and eventually reach some point of perfection! Everyday we should wake up  and be fueled with a desire to know God more and more! But how can we do this is if we are not spending time in His word? 
Today in class our speaker was Keith Chancey. He was incredible!! Keith has an amazing ability to get you fired up and excited about God and the truth He has for us! We spent 3 hours on Genesis chapter 1,2, and 3. If you break that down, we basically spent about an hour on each chapter. AN HOUR! It amazed me how much you can learn from one verse if you really take the time to unpack it and see what it is really saying to you! The first three chapters of Genesis are all about the creation of the earth. We all have read through Genesis at one point or another right? For me its just always been the "book about creation". I never thought I could really learn anything from Genesis other than "God created the heavens and the earth." After hearing what Keith had to say about the chapters really showed me that a verse can mean so much more if you take the time to meditate on it. I love this about God! He has put little nuggets of wisdom all over the Bible for us to find, but unless we take the time and put in the effort to study His word, we won't find them! It's a daily challenge that we can choose to accept. I pray that every morning I awake and choose to whole heartedly follow the Lord, and study His word with an open heart so that I may see what he has in store for me that day! Following God can be so fun and exciting if you GET IN THE WORD and allow him to reveal things to you that you never would have seen yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment